Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hey… It’s me, your shadow

“Hey …
Its me…”

“Who?”

“Your shadow”

“Why are you here?”

“Dear, I’m here,
To be with you
To let you know you are not alone
When others abandon you…

I’m here
To guide you with directions
As the sun traverses across the horizon…

I’m here
To amuse you,
As with your hand you conjure shapes
Of deer, fish and bird…

I’m here
To puzzle you
As you see me thin, fat or skew,
And to teach you
What you see is not always true…

I’m here
To tell you
You are enlightened,
You are not me.
I’m just a companion
In moments of grief…

Hey,
As the evening unfolds
And you rest in peace
In your mother’s lap,
I take your leave
But I’ll be back
With the crack of dawn
To be with you,
Guide you
Amuse you
As you tread from
The scorching sun

To mellowing darkness…”